Thursday, December 15, 2011

What not to do when you're trying to become a mod. #1

The Conversation

^_^ Hey, I might be a mod someday.. I keep getting recommended
:3 Recommended by who?
^_^ Other mods
:P id support ya :)
^_^ you should recommend me too
:3 ...
^_^ haha. thx (:P)
^_^ I need all the support i can get to get this ship sailing
:3 Did you intend to ruin all the credibility of that statement?
:3 Because, that's what you did.
^_^ not at all, i don't mean recommend me now but you'll see why they all like me eventually
:3 Okay, you're serious.
Time passes, and someone asks "How do you deal with trolls?"
:3 I don't believe in trolls. All claims I've been exposed to of "trolls" have merely been bored kids.
:3 Bored kids are bored kids. Not trolls.
^_^ how do you handle bored kids, does just sitting there ontop of the chat throne enough?
^_^ waving your septre of silencing and banishment
^_^ dealing with common peasant squabbles..
:3 To answer the question, it depends on the bored kid in question. There is no one right thing to do, and sometimes, there is nothing you can do.
^_^ I know this mouse, its what makes me a natural leader and a rather promising candidate for mod position
:3 You're still playing that card.
:P auta TACT is what you still need with mouse lol
:3 He's right.
:3 You are devoid of TACT. And it displeases me.
^_^ Tact is something a mod needs. I am not a mod YET.
^_^ but it is something I have
:3 Also, that satement was devoid of logic.
:3 If you had Tact, you'd be a mod :o
:3 According to you.
^_^ just...lol i think i lost this one..
:3 You lost me?
^_^ oh no not you uhh something else
:3 Right
*Many moments later*
^_^ anyway, on the topic of my lacking tact. Do i need to actively display it to prove i have it? does a man out of uniform act like he has it on?
 I dropped the conversation after this

My Judgement 

Clearly, someone wants to be a mod, and thinks they are a promising candidate for the position.

My judgement? No. Not at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment